ErgocareBank — Home
ErgocareBank -●- Ergonomic Databank for Social and Health Care
- The importance of ergonomics in social welfare and healthcare is well-recognised in Europe. There is a growing awareness of the need to apply solutions in the workplace in order to improve working conditions, reduce work-related accidents and improve staff’s well-being: practical solutions based upon sound ergonomics.
- These methods should reduce the risk of musculoskeletal disorders and accidents when working with clients as well as supporting the client in maintaining their functional ability as long as possible.
- A consortium of partners from Finland, Greece, Sweden and Estonia are working together to define the problems of the nursing and care work methods used when assisting clients with their ADL. Proposed solutions are registered in the ErgocareBank.
- The ErgocareBank presents techniques according to safe patient handling guidelines for both educational facilities and workplaces and makes them available for students, teachers, and workers.
- The ErgocareBank project is funded by the European Commission within the Leonardo da Vinci Lifelong Learning Program.